Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc.
"Helping to Light The Way"
How to Join?
- Membership is now closed for the 2013-2014 school year. We will post a link in January for those who missed the August deadline.
- When your application is processed, you will
receive an email with instructions on how to join our member discussion
forum. This forum is where the majority of all Lighthouse communications
will take place.
- Membership runs from August 1st to July 31st.
- Fees are not pro-rated and are non-refundable.
- Lighthouse meets the last Thursday of each month for Teachers Meetings. Meetings are held at 10:00 AM, unless otherwise announced. The agenda for Teachers Meetings may include, but is not limited to, prayer, support, discussing next month's field trips, and planning new field trips. We sometimes have an additional special activity. You are encouraged to bring your lunch and eat together afterward and enjoy further fellowship.
- One benefit of being part of Lighthouse Homeschoolers is our field trips. Some are just good fun and some offer interesting educational opportunities. All field trips provide an opportunity for your children to grow in their social skills. While we realize such skills are first taught at home, field trips allow interaction with others of all ages. Under your close observation, your children can practice what you have taught them about proper behavior. Lighthouse Homeschoolers hold high standards for behavior and responsibility for all our activities.
- The vast majority of communications through Lighthouse is done via our forum. It is an important part of our group. It is vital that you use this to keep up with the news and agenda for the group.
- Your membership fee gives you the benefit of participating and contributing to this group.
- Participation is expected and needed by all members. It's easy to help out.
- Lighthouse Homeschoolers started in August of 1991 with about 10 member families. Over the years the group structure and leadership has changed to accommodate its growth.
- Lighthouse currently has a membership of over 100 families representing more than 300 children. The board consists of nine members who oversee the business and activities of the group.
- Lighthouse is a Christian-based organization and all board members are required to sign a statement of faith. Since it is not a Christian-exclusive group the general membership is not required to do so.
- Though there have been many changes since its inception Lighthouse is a cooperative of parents that strive to meet the needs of the families within the group. Field trips, educational events, social activities, and parent/teacher support are the major focus of the group.
- Field Trips and Social Events
- Monthly Blogged Newsletters
- Discussion Forum
- Lighthouse (ages 5-10); Lighthouse PLUS (age 10+); Little House (preschool ages)
- Living Arts
- Community Service Projects
- Literature Clubs
- Scholastic Books
- Recognition Night
- Mom's Meetings
- Beam (student publication)
- Chess Club
- Drama Club
- Literature and Book Clubs
- Preschool Activities
- High School Activities
- Elementary and Middle School Activities
The forum is only open to members of Lighthouse Homeschoolers, Inc. If you are a member having trouble logging into your account, please email the Web/Forum Admin, Kristina Sharrett, at email@example.com.